This is my go-to knife for finishing work; I have owned at least half a dozen. They arrive very sharp out of the box, and while the edge doesn't last a long time, it's easy to re-sharpen.
Rigotti Razor Edge Reed Knife
The blade on the Rigotti Razor Edge Reed Knife is a bit thicker than the Landwell knives. This is a great knife for a new reed maker because of the high quality with a great price. The handle is made of Ebony. Sheath included. Additional sheaths also available.
- Knife Weight without Sheath: 1.8 ounces or 51 grams
- Knife Length: 7¼" or 18.41 cm
- Blade Length: 3¼" or 8.25 cm
- Blade Width: 9/16" or 1.43 cm
- Thickness of Spine: ⅛" or .32 cm
- Handle Size: 4" x ⅞" x ⅝" or 10 cm x 2.22 cm x 1.58 cm
- Handle Shape: Rectangular with rounded sides