In creating this list, I've done my very best to balance value and cost, and have only listed essential items. I know this is a big initial investment, but these materials will last you for years, perhaps even the rest of your life. Besides these personal tools, you will have access to other reed making equipment owned by the Liberty University Double Reed Studio.
- Files: 4 Coarse EZE-Lap Diamond Files - 1 Flat Warding, 1 Hand, 1 Three Square, 1 Round
- Plaque: 1 Rieger Plastic Plaque (get a transparent, a red, or a black one)
- Mandrel: 1 Rieger Regular Bassoon Mandrel
- Pliers: 1 Rieger Bassoon Pliers with hole
- Reamer: 1 Rieger Spiral Bassoon Reamer
- Reed Soaker: 1 Reed Soaker Cup