ProReadyReeds Medium Oboe Reed
This reed plays well in spite of the chip in the corner of the reed. The defect prompted the discount. However, the fact that it still plays well prompted the sale offer instead of trashing the reed.
Ready to play.
- Style - John Mack/Nancy King
- Cane - Premium Mediterranean. Diameter 10-10.5 mm. Will remain playable during brief rests.
- Shape - Mack+. Narrow, for good control.
- Staple - Genuine full-length cork/brass, 47 mm length. Lightly lubricated for easy insertion and removal.
- Scrape - Length 69-70 mm.
These reeds are well balanced with a full, strident tone. These would be a great reed for someone with full lips that can cover the brightness and yet still have a vibrant sound. They are fairly consistent with quick response and good articulation.
David Colborn, reed maker, is a retired chemical engineer. Now he is a free-lance bassoonist and oboist and teacher in the San Diego area. He has applied his engineering and bassoon/oboe experience to develop ProReadyReeds.
Please note that we do not accept returns on reeds or cane unless damaged on arrival.