Jeffrey Reinhardt (REEDZY) Baroque Oboe Reeds, 1 piece staple
Handmade baroque oboe reed. These reeds are intended to suit a wide range of instruments and playing styles with minor adjustment.
- 44mm staple
- Approximately 70mm overall length
- Hand gouged and shaped cane
- Gouged to 0.65mm - 0.70mm
- Shape: 9.2mm - 9.5mm wide at tip
- Includes reed wire for adjustment of opening and response
- Historically accurate linen reed thread
- Soak for AT LEAST 5 full minutes, until reed blades come together all the way to the tip
- If necessary (and only after fully soaking!), adjust reed opening by gently squeezing the reed wire
- Insert reed firmly into reed socket and test. Adjust reed depth by adding or removing thread from the lower binding. If reed is in too far, pitch will be sharp, particularly in left-hand notes (Middle C, B, B-flat), and there will be a tendency to "squawk". If reed is not in far enough, overall pitch will be low, and response will be poor.