Diamond Stone Reed Knife Sharpening Pack (Pro-Pack I)
Includes Wicked Edge Precision Sharpener (WEPS), Aluminum Base, 100/200, 400/600, and 800/1000 grit diamond stone paddle sets, and 5/3.5 micron diamond and leather strops paddle set. This is the same as the Pro-Pack I from Wicked Edge.
This is the most economical pack and uses diamond stones which are less expensive. This is a good system for a university reed room since diamond stones are very durable and don't need any extra care when using. Strops are more fragile and it is recommended that each individual student in a reed room purchase their own set. The 100/200 stones are good for regrinding a chipped knife or setting a new edge. The 400/600 stones are good for setting a new edge on a knife that is in good shape and the angles are the same. The 800/1000 stones are used to finish the edge. Strops can then be used to polish the edge to a fine finish.
Warning: Rigotti, Nielsen, Chiarugi, and MCW razor knives tend to chatter when using the diamond stones. It is best to move up to the ceramic and finer level stones to sharpen those kinds of knives.
- Can sharpen blades up to 15" long
- Can clamp blades up to ⅜” thick with included vise screws (longer screws may be used to enable clamping of even thicker blades)
- Angle Range: 15-30 degrees per side (30-60 degrees inclusive)
- Angle adjustment in 1 degree increments
- Sharpener's angle markings are calibrated for knife's edge at 5/8" over top of vise
- Minimum knife height for stones to clear vise at lowest angle is 5/8" over top of vise. Low Angle Adapter (sold separately) required to reach low angles on smaller knives
- Guide Rods: 8"
- Product Weight: 14 LBS
DROP SHIPPED FROM WICKED EDGE