These are the deluxe intermediate North Texas oboe reeds. They are semi-professional reeds with a full, dark sound.
All reeds are handmade by Stephen Hiramoto, owner/operator of North Texas Oboe Reeds.
Stephen started North Texas Oboe Reeds in 1997 as a way to supplement his teaching income (he had between 50 and 60 oboe students at that time, each of whom received a 30 minute lesson each week). In a couple of years he didn't have time to do anything else but run the business! He has built his reputation and business on customer satisfaction and repeat business. As an example of his consistant high level of satisfaction, he states on his website that of approximately 4000 reeds shipped in 2001, he received about 20 back, and most of those were due to damage that occurred during mailing.
Educational and performance background:
- Bachelor of Science: University of Alabama; oboe professor: Rebecca Henderson.
- Master of Music: Louisiana State University; oboe professor: Mark Ostoich.
- Doctor of Musical Arts: University of North Texas; oboe professor: Charles Veazey.
- Irving Symphony Orchestra, principal oboe, 1992 - 2001.
- Plano Symphony Orchestra, second oboe, 1990 - present.
Please note that we do not accept returns on reeds or cane unless damaged on arrival.